Information about Search.surfilters.com
Similar to other redirect viruses, Search.surfilters.com is also classified as a browser hijacker that used by cyber criminals to change the settings of people’s web browsers in order to display advertising, boost web traffic and make pay-per-link profits. The browser hijacker forces those whose computers are infected with it to visit Search.surfilters.com whenever they start browsers or click on certain links. The reason why the redirect virus leads users to those sites is that it can get profits via pay-per-click techniques from those websites. In a word, the ultimate purpose of creating this redirect virus is to make money. It is suggested to take immediate steps to clean up Search.surfilters.com for it is capable to open up the gate for other malware if users desire to keep their computer and confidential information under legit antimalware protection.
Consequences of Search.surfilters.com
Once Search.surfilters.com completes its installation on the target computer, it will tamper with the web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and change the Internet settings. The most obvious phenomena are the changes of the homepage and the reset of the default search engine. This redirect virus will badly lower users’ browsing experience since it often causes users browsers to be redirected to its own page or other unknown websites. It delivers a lot of pop-ups to the infected computer in order to trick users into clicking on them. Those advertisements include discounts, deals, pop-banners and other types of promotions may be bogus and tend to cheat users to purchase useless services or fake products. Then the cyber criminals are able to take money from the victims. What’s more, the redirect virus may collect users’ confidential information and data for malicious purpose.
How to Deal With Search.surfilters.com Redirect Effectively?
Removing the Search.surfilters.com redirect virus is a complicated process, because not only the browser hijacker can change all default browser parameters, but also inject its malicious files on system or local disk to conceal its existent. Although you have restored all browser settings modified by the redirect virus, the threat will come back again and again if you don’t delete all of its malicious components. To get rid of Search.surfilters.com redirect virus infection, users can follow the manual removal steps below:
Remove Search.surfilters.com Virus from Infectious PCs
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Search.surfilters.com in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Search.surfilters.com and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Search.surfilters.com in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
- Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Search.surfilters.com in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
Search.surfilters.com browser hijacker virus uses many ways to distribute the virus, but the major one is third party Windows freeware as victimized users are not able to recognize such intrusive virus. In addition, the threat is good at hiding itself in an ambiguous End-User License Agreement so that many cyber users may pay no attention to it and accept the installation of this unwanted program/service. In general, PC users may install the program by using default settings. That’s why the browser hijacker can enter a computer secretly. And then it may lead to many problems on the infected PC like redirecting users to unwanted sites and delivering numerous unwanted pop-up ads, or even downloading other threats to the target machine. Attention: It’s necessary to get rid of Search.surfilters.com browser hijacker from the PC as soon as possible to prevent further damages. Cannot remove it yourself? Download a removal tool to get rid of it now!