Instruction of Peekier.com
Peekier.com is a hazardous browser hijacker that always disguises itself as a legitimate and reputable website and provides users with multiple utilities and services. Peekier.com looks like a legitimate search engine for it has a pure interface similar to famous search providers, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. In fact, this website is not as helpful as what it appears, for it may be used by cyber criminals to make a profit by using the pay-per-link technique. Usually, Peekier.com can spread onto the targeted computer through fishing site, advertising pop up and false security alerts as well as attaching its components or links in the email attachment. The creator of this browser hijacker may also send it to computers online as an attachment or link in Email. Once unwitting users click on the malicious links or attachments in the emails, their computers will be infected and their browser settings are changed silently without permission.
Upon its installation, this Peekier.com will replicate its codes and registry files so as to mess up default system settings. Computer browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome will be infected at the first time which will appear obvious affected features. For example, if the threat alters the DNS settings and default search engine and homepage, a user will find his infected browser homepage or start-up page is replaced by another unknown site suddenly. For this reason, this potential unwanted site can keep appearing on the screen all the time whenever the infected browsers are opened. With a view to protect itself from be easily removed from the affected computer, this virus will forbid PC users to visit legitimate sites even display a lot of pop up advertisements to stop users from normal use.
This Peekier.com redirect virus needs be removed completely from the infected browser to avoid further damage. If it is used as the default homepage, many unnecessary add-ons or toolbars may be installed on browsers in order to track users’ cookies and spy on their online activities. How dangerous it is that this infection may record use’s browser history and cookies on the computer to help remote hackers steal money from victims. This redirect virus can also drastically slow down performance of the infected computers, for it will take up high CPU usage when running in the background of the system. What is bad, this Peekier.com redirect infection could run backdoor process automatically by using the system failure. By utilizing the backdoor loophole, remote hackers could command the compromised machine and carry out its illegal purpose smoothly.
Effective Steps for Peekier.com Redirect Virus Removal
Known as a browser hijacker threat to computers, Peekier.com virus is quit annoying and harmful. Most internet users tend to eliminate Peekier.com hijack virus by using their installed anti-malware programs. However, many antivirus programs may fail to detect the redirect virus and remove it. People who are victims from this virus infection can see that unknown toolbar gets installed on their PCs automatically without their permission. Designed with advanced techniques, Peekier.com is able to easily evade the detection and removal by common antivirus programs. Therefore, we strongly suggest you to delete the threat manually or use a more powerful malware removal tool to assist in the browser hijacker removal.
Thousands of users who are the victims of this redirect would be in need of an efficient way to get rid of this browser hijacker but they don’t have a clue on how to remove it. You may fail to find it anywhere on your PC with naked eyes if those files are set to invisible. Any errors you make during the manual removal steps will lead to system crash.
How to Manually Remove Peekier.com
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Peekier.com in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Peekier.com and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Peekier.com in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
- Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Peekier.com in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
Peekier.com is a great threat to computer users and it should be removed from the affected computer without delay. If the threat can’t be removed timely, the browser and the computer may be damaged and the confidential information may be stolen. Most PC users tend to get rid of this threat with their antivirus programs; however, only a small number of users have the luck to remove it. Anyway, its real aim is to damage your computer and steal your sensitive information through recording your cookies and browser history for illegal benefits. That is why you ought to take measures to effectively get rid of Peekier.com redirect virus from your computer without delay.
If you attempt to manually remove Peekier.com but can’t find any suspicious programs on Control Panel, it is difficult to locate to the accurate folders and registry entries to delete the leftovers of the threat. If you want to avoid making any critical mistakes during the process, please try the automatic removal tool.