Coolasearch.com, a nasty browser redirect virus, always gets into the target computer secretly and then takes advantage of malicious plug-ins to modify browser settings of the infected computer. This infection often cause the default browser homepage to be replaced by Coolasearch.com, and users always to be redirected to some unknown websites which contain lots of commercial ads. Users should be aware of the consequence of being infected with Coolasearch.com virus and remove it as soon as possible.
Coolasearch.com redirect virus can enter users’ machines in various ways, and most of which may not be known by users. It may not be a strange thing to get system prompt when users download or install a piece of software. Some unwary users would follow the prompt and let the software be installed on their computers. In fact, most of the programs we know of are fine to use but the origin of the installer is questionable which becomes a common cause of redirect infection. It’s necessary and highly recommended to be cautious when you try to download anything from the Internet.
Pretending to be useful extensions with convenient services, Coolasearch.com virus can install many unwanted plug-ins or even malware in the browser. The malicious file are nothing but aims to spy upon user’s browsing activities and search habits which may contain financial account information. It is also frustrating to have ads popping ups when one is focus on something with the computer. If users click on the ads and visit those unsecure websites, their personal data may be stolen.
Coolasearch.com redirect virus can makes the target computer fragile and creates opportunities for other threats access the compromised computer to corrupt more. After being empowered to get into the computer, the cyber hackers firstly controls system settings and configuration to make the PC completely useless and vulnerable and then gain user’s private information for commercial usage unnoticeably. The main purpose of the cyber criminals who create such viruses are to collect useful information from the computer and gain illegal profits from pay-per-click principle. Considering that this redirect virus can bring much trouble both to the computers and users, immediately removing this threat seems very important. Computer users can follow the removal guide here to remove the virus effectively.
How to Remove Coolasearch.com Redirect Virus
Step 1: Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of Coolasearch.com and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step 2: Remove Coolasearch.com related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step 3: Clean Coolasearch.com from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Once their computers are infected with Coolasearch.com redirect virus, PC users will face a lot of problems and trouble. There are so many viruses lurking online and it is very difficult for average users to protect their computer from every infection. Therefore, users need to improve the security awareness and be cautious when surfing on the Internet. Please don’t visit those unknown websites, especially the sits with no reputation, because it’s very likely that they are filled with malware like Trojans, adware, spyware and other threats. Types of computer infection will penetrate into the system if users won’t beware of this issue. In addition, update the antivirus, firewall and system patches regularly to reduce the chance of being infected with computer infections.