How can I remove Bardiscover.com from my web browser? The annoying redirect has messed up my Internet Explorer browser. Is it a virus? It keeps enabling a new tab to promote a suspicious page. If you have the same problem, you can read the following post to find the solution as I’ve done.
Bardiscover.com redirect, one of browser hijacker viruses, plugs itself into browsers secretly when computer users are trying to install or download some programs online. Very often, this virus is bundled with some legitimate or fake software. When users download these programs or software, it slips into the target computers. Created by notorious cyber hackers who have been trained to use computer skill, it is actually a piece of identity theft which has the ability to masquerade itself as a helpful legal search tool. At glance, it looks great. But when users run the web browsers they will feel something is wrong. It keeps generating advertisements pages on the PC screen with the purpose of recovering development costs. Moreover, it will severely reduce the system performance as it did before. Since the redirect virus eats up system resource and takes up limited space, the important system programs or other third party application are also affected. That is to say, you cannot fix the problems without a utility.
Right after it gets installed on your computer, Bardiscover.com redirect virus will perform various payloads, causing all kinds of problems and putting your computer into a dangerous situation. One of the obvious signs of the infection is that your default homepage is automatically changed to Bardiscover.com. This is because that the redirect virus can do many harmful things on your computer without any permission. The worse thing is that the redirect shows you unknown and unsafe links are associated with malicious programs, fake antivirus, or some other potential threats. So, you’d better not click on those popup ads or sponsored links provided by the redirect virus.
Problems Caused by Bardiscover.com Virus:
- The default homepage, search provider as well as your desktop backgrounds is changed suddenly;
- Annoying ads and new advertising tab keep opening up each time when you click any link on the browser;
- It violates users’ personal information and sent it to remote hacker without users acknowledge.
- Websites are found on the bookmark list, but you have no idea who did it.
- Important system programs and services are disabled without consent.
- It accuses users of viewing porn webpage, downloading copyrighted content or distributing malware.
- It develops into different version and evolves many variants that hard to detect and remove.
- Unwanted Plug-in/extension or add-ons get onto your browsers for no reason.
- Strange icons and shortcuts are added to the desktop.
The redirect virus often spreads via attachments in the strange emails and enters computers when users open the attachments. You should keep alert while you are downloading and installing any free software onto your computer. Be careful when you are going to open an email from unknown source or click on a strange link on a pop up. The redirect virus changes search bar all the time. The links and pops- up ads it displays on the tool are what aim to redirect you to specific websites. Once you haven’t pay any attention to the malware, you may experience a list of annoying system problems. It is very annoying but you have no way to get rid of them, for they cannot be removed completely and keep coming back. Looking for an efficient and complete removal to get the control of your browsers back?
Note: The manual removal way, though will help you effectively clean up the redirect virus, should be only attempted by skilled PC users; if you don’t have enough computer knowledge and skills, you should not try removing the redirect virus in this way. Once it enters in your computer.
Manual Removal Step by Step Instructions
- Stop the running unwanted processes via Windows Task Manager
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
2) In the default Processes tab, search for the related processes of Bardiscover.com then select them, click on the End Process button to disable them all.
- Remove the related programs of Bardiscover.com from the computer
1) Click on the Start icon to open the menu then click on Control Panel.
2) Find out the Programs headline in the pop-up window, then click on the Uninstall a Program link under it.
3) In the Programs and Features, search for the related programs of Bardiscover.com from the list, select them then click on the Uninstall on the top column to remove them one by one.
4) Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard to complete the removal.
- Reset the browser and restore the browser
1) Start the browser.
2) Reset the browser settings to clean the traces left by Bardiscover.com.
Click on Tools-> click on Internet Options-> click on Advanced tab-> click on Reset button.
Click on Firefox button-> locate Help-> click on Troubleshooting Information-> click on the Reset Firefox button.
Click on wrench icon-> click on Settings-> click on Show Advanced Settings link-> click on Reset Browser Settings button.
3) Reset the browser homepage manually.
Click on General tab in the Internet Options dialog-> type a new address in the homepage box-> save the changes.
Click on Options from the Firefox menu-> click on General tab-> input a correct URL in the homepage section-> save the modification.
Find out the Advance section in the Settings-> select the Show Home Button-> click on the displayed Change link-> set a new address as the homepage then save the reset.
4) Reboot the browser once finished.
Bardiscover.com redirect is the same with other redirect viruses, classified as a browser hijacker getting to users’ computer without their attention. Bardiscover.com looks like a legitimate search engine but in fact it provides not very much helpful information related to your search quires. This redirect virus will disturb your work no matter what browsers you are using. The threat is able to hijack most browsers and affect almost all Windows operating systems. Don’t believe in it as it will gradually mess up your computer. What you should do is to quickly remove it from your infected computer.
Note: Don’t have much experience in dealing with files and registry entries? Please empower an advanced removal tool to automatically remove the redirect virus for the sake of safety.