“My computer may have been infected by FunnySurfing.com browser hijacker. Any trials to reach my favorite websites were in vain. Every time when I look for something on search engine, the search results will redirect to unknown commercial webpage or even unhealthy webpage. Unfortunately, my Internet speed has been influenced and becomes very slow, now I want to get rid of this browser hijack redirect so that none of its pop ups disturb my work anymore. How can I get rid of this annoying browser hijacker? Please help me to deal with this hijacker infection effectively.”
Descriptions of FunnySurfing.com
FunnySurfing.com is a harmful browser hijacker that is spread by rogue hackers to damage innocent PC users’ computer and steal their confidential information without any knowledge. This browser hijacker has an interface which looks like a legitimate search engine, and by showing such an interface, it misleads lots of users into believing that it is a licensed search engine. Besides, it pretends to provide you with news, images, maps and videos browsing functions as many licensed search tools do. However, after using this fake search engine, you will find it hard to visit the websites you want; instead, you are frequently redirected to the site: http://FunnySurfing.com or some other unknown websites. Besides, you will be showed a lot of pop-up ads on the web pages you are viewing, and you are always prompted to download some useless products. When you try to reset your default homepage and search engine, you would find it fail, because the browser hijacker won’t allow you to do so. For these reasons, it is urgent to remove the notorious browser hijacker.
Not only does it corrupt your browser, but also it affects your system and normal programs. Typically, the malware seriously reduces the system performance and make insecure modification on system files and registry values which are closely associated with crucial system functions. Unfriendly plug-in, ads-on, malware, adware and spyware will take this chance to slip into the contaminated system. Once the redirect infection invades your computer deeply, it is capable to trigger freezes, system crash and corrupted files errors. For instance, any unexpected freezes or corrupted .dll file error may result in system startup failure. Also, the redirect causes malfunction of your security application to make it unable to delete any computer virus effectively. Thus, manual removal will be highly appreciated.
Since the browser hijacker may introduce other threats like Trojans to your system, hackers may be able to gain access to your computer without permission and pilfer your confidential information for illegal purposes. Once your system has been infested by the malware, you may cannot login your Yahoo mail, Facebook, and online bank account, for the hijacker has disrupted the system completely. Never set the browser to be your default search engine and homepage because it will put your computer into risk. Prompt removal of this hijacker infection is needed, so that you can enjoy a clean computer soon.
To safeguard your computer security and your personal privacy, please remove FunnySurfing.com immediately. If you are not computer savvy and have no idea on how to remove this hijacker, you can follow the removal guide below.
Troubles That Can be Caused by the Browser Hijacker
- It infects your web browsers without permission and changes the settings of browsers without letting you change them back;
- This browser hijacker badly disturbs you, with a lot of pop-up ads, when you are surfing online.
- This browser hijacker would directly or indirectly lead to other malware infections.
- The infected browser may stop responding or crash frequently and the PC performance will slow down.
- This browser hijacker may try to collect your personal information such as banking account usernames and passwords and send to the hackers via a remote service.
Manual Removal Instruction for the Undesirable Browser Hijacker
Since antivirus programs cannot pick up or delete this browser hijacker, you can manually delete the related programs and files of the threat to completely remove it. The manual removal is a cumbersome and risky task which should only be performed by the highly skilled computer users. Users can use the manual guide here to eliminate this virus instantly.
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the FunnySurfing.com in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the FunnySurfing.com and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the FunnySurfing.com in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
- Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find FunnySurfing.com in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
FunnySurfing.com hijacker is so destructive for it has the power to severely corrupt the system and lead to a complete system re-install. One of its symptoms is unexpected system performance reduction and failure to load programs. When you click on any link or type any URL in the address bar, you will be redirected to other unexpected websites. Many ads will pop up on your screen, cheating you into downloading freeware and even buying some unsafe products. Even if the malware contains a user- friendly interface, it is eventually a browser search tool utilized by notorious cyber hackers to obtain illegal profits from compromised user. Be aware of your online activities, and get rid of the harmful hijacker infection immediately once your computer is infected. The manual removal below shows you how to remove the threat effectively.