Description of Seek123.net Redirect Virus
Seek123.net redirect virus is also classified as a browser hijacker, which is designed by cyber criminals to interfere with web browsers and boost website traffic in order to make illegal benefits. After completed its installation on the computer, the hijacker virus will force computer users to visit its domain site whenever they start browsers or open a new tab. It is a web browser plug-in that can modify DNS and browser settings in order to replace default homepage and even delete critical files randomly. It comes bundled with additional parasites to mess up your computer terribly, which is to generate traffic and obtain profits from per-click-paid techniques through clicking on this site or other malicious websites. You should never click on the suspicious pop ups or links provided by Seek123.net, or you will bring many other computer threats such as adware, spyware, rookits to your compromised computer system.
Problems Caused by Seek123.net
Once Seek123.net is installed on a target computer, it will affect all the web browsers via changing default browser settings and Internet settings. The Seek123.net redirect virus may redirect your Internet searches to random sites, disallow you from visiting certain websites, and change your Internet homepage. Sometimes your browser may become unstable and exhibit frequent errors. Since being installed, Seek123.net starts to bombard the screen with ads. Fake information as discounts, untrue product sale, banners or coupons displayed by this malicious Seek123.net browser virus are not trustworthy because this virus only wants to make money from victims. Then the cyber criminals are able to take money from the victims. Moreover, their credit card numbers and passwords may be stolen by the rogue hackers.
How to Remove Seek123.net Redirect Virus Completely
Removing Seek123.net browser virus is not so easy as imagine for the reason that this kind of browser threat has installed many additional items to the computer. Thus, if its files can’t be deleted completely, the browser hijacker might come back again and again even if you have restored all the settings which have been altered by it. Here we recommend you to use a professional malware removal tool to scan the PC and fix the browser hijacker problem conveniently.
Introductions in Removing Seek123.net
Step 1: Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of Seek123.net and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step 2: Remove Seek123.net related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step 3: Clean Seek123.net from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Seek123.net browser hijacker virus attacks the infected PC via many ways including infected programs, excusable processes and unsafe links, PC users may not be able to know the virus infection since it will finish its installation stealthy. Many PC users tend to install the software they need on their computers without taking a careful look at the End-User License Agreement, which gives the redirect virus a good chance to get installed on their computer. That’s why most people have no idea how those unwanted programs get into their PCs. As thus, Seek123.net browser hijacker or other malicious add-ons can be installed on the target computers and then carry out a lot of harmful activities. Once in, it will quickly take control of the web browsers and cause search redirect, deliver numerous annoying pop-up ads and bring additional computer threats to the compromised machine. It is important that users get rid of Seek123.net redirect virus without any delay, if they want to avoid unnecessary damage and losses. Cannot remove it yourself? Use a professional malware removal tool.