Searchl.ru virus infection is now infecting my PC. I noticed that my default browser homepage had been changed by it when I ran the Google Chrome this afternoon. When I wanted to visit some websites in my favorites, I was redirected to other unwanted websites. I got no idea how my computer was messed up since I installed two advanced security applications in the computer. How to eliminate Searchl.ru totally? If you have no ideas how to remove the threat, please follow the removal guide in this post to deal with it.
Information of Searchl.ru – What Is It?
Searchl.ru is a new browser hijacker distributed by cyber criminals to pilfer important information for economic purposes and it has the ability to ruin computer system. Many unwary users have been cheated by the appearance of this browser hijacker with its licensed search engine. Furthermore, it promotes itself through providing you with comprehensive browsing features the same as the reliable search utility do. By the help of the browser hijacker, you may usually have no idea how to reach to the website you need for the browser hijacker keeps redirecting your searches to a predefined websites which seem to promote specific things. When you open a new web page or watch a video, there will be a lot of pop-ups that ask you to purchase some products, install or update some software or click on some clicks there. When you try to reset your default homepage and search engine, you would find it fail, because the browser hijacker won’t allow you to do so. In this situation, removing this browser hijacker completely from your computer will help fix the problems on your computer.
Not only does it corrupt your browser, but also it affects your system and normal programs. The hijacker infection even degrades your system speed and modifies system files and registry entries to make system vulnerable to other additional computer threats. Unfriendly plug-in, ads-on, malware, adware and spyware will take this chance to slip into the contaminated system. More seriously, the hijacker is able to trigger freezes, system crash and corrupted files errors. Your computer will face more damage if some .dll files are corrupted. Also, the redirect causes malfunction of your security application to make it unable to delete any computer virus effectively. Hence, It needs to be removed completely.
This Searchl.ru redirect is so tricky that it enables cyber hackers to access the infected system remotely without your permission, in order to collect your financial information, privacy and other sensitive information for illegal activities. Once your system has been infested by the malware, you may cannot ogin your Yahoo mail, Facebook, and online bank account, for the hijacker has disrupted the system completely. Don’t take this browser hijacker as your default search engine and homepage, as it is a big threat to your computer system. Prompt removal of this hijacker infection is needed, so that you can enjoy a clean computer soon.
Searchl.ru needs to be removed in order to keep your computer and data safe. Use power removal tool can help you fix this problem if you have no idea about virus removal process.
Warning Signs of Infection:
- It modifies browser setting and registry entries without users’ agreement.
- This browser hijacker badly disturbs you, with a lot of pop-up ads, when you are surfing online.
- This browser hijacker would directly or indirectly lead to other malware infections.
- It writes useless registry entries and keys into Windows registry.
- This browser hijacker may try to collect your personal information such as banking account usernames and passwords and send to the hackers via a remote service.
Manual Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions
Since antivirus programs cannot pick up or delete this browser hijacker, you can manually delete the related programs and files of the threat to completely remove it. In general, the manual removal solution is so complicated that it needs the user to combine with enough computer expertise. To simplify the process, the basic removal steps are listed below 😦 Please be careful when you are handling the system files and registry entries).
Step 1: Remove the Searchl.ru redirect virus related programs.
- Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category.
- In the programs list find out any suspicious programs, and then click on the Uninstall.
- Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 2: Remove all unwanted extensions from the browsers.
- Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools, and select Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions, find out and disable the add-ons related to Searchl.ru redirect virus.
- Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools and choose Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions, then select the unwanted add-ons in the list and click on Remove\Disable button.
- Click Plugins, and remove\disable any unknown add-ons.
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu icon.
- Click the Tools in the list then select Extensions.
- Click on Extensions, then find out the Searchl.ru redirect virus related add-ons and delete them.
Step 3: Remove all malicious files and registry entries.
- In the local disk C, local the following folders:
%Document and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
- In the above folders, find out and remove any malicious files.
- Open the registry editor by following the steps: click Start menu, type “regedit” into the search box, and click “regedit.exe” from the results list.
- In the registry editor, find out and delete any malicious registry entries from your PC.
As we learn that this Searchl.ru hijacker turns out to be a great threat to computer users, and it must be removed from the contaminated system promptly before any unexpected damage occurs. Usually, this redirect virus slows down the targeted computer performance and stops you from using some programs on your PC properly. When you launch your browsers or click on the search results, you will always be redirected to some unwanted websites. Many pesky ads will pop up on your screen, luring you into download freeware and even purchase some unwanted products. Even though the interface of the browser hijacker seems legitimate, it is actually a computer virus instead of a licensed search engine which provides you with trusted content. You should be wary of risky malware for it has the ability to pursue quite tangible commercial objectives. The manual removal mentioned in this post shows you how to remove the threat effectively.