How can I remove Fanli90.cn from my web browser? I just found that this virus was on my computer and made my IE browser work improperly. Is this because my browse has been hijacked? It keeps enabling a new tab to promote a suspicious page. Please read more if you are bothered by this redirect virus infection.
Definition of Fanli90.cn Redirect Virus
Fanli90.cn, categorized as a browser hijacker, usually affects the web browsers when computer users try to download and install some programs from insecure websites. It is bundled with the packages of some freeware on the Internet by cyber criminals. It infiltrates into the targeted computers under the cover of seemingly legal and licensed applications. Though it looks like a normal search engine, it does not provide reliable information as other legitimate search engines do. At glance, it looks great. But when users run the web browsers they will feel something is wrong. It keeps generating advertisements pages on the PC screen with the purpose of recovering development costs. The redirect virus will also slow down your computer. It may consume many system resources and let other programs hardly run. That is to say, you cannot fix the problems without a utility.
Once it is installed, Fanli90.cn redirect virus begins to trigger annoying problems and threat the security of your computer. One of the symptoms is that your browser settings are changed and the homepage or start page is replaced by the browser hijacker. All these are done without users’ consent. You should also be wary of the suspicious links displayed by Fanli90.cn redirect for they usually contain malicious programs, fake antivirus, or some other potential threats. You shouldn’t click on them and get rid of them if you can immediately.
Types of System Problems Are Triggered by Fanli90.cn:
- Your homepage, search engine, desktop backgrounds are changed without your permission;
- Lots of pop-ups and sponsored links are displayed when you surf online;
- It violates users’ personal information and sent it to remote hacker without users acknowledge.
- Unfamiliar websites are added to the bookmarks without knowledge.
- Important system programs and services are disabled without consent.
- Advertisements keep annoying you and you can’t get rid of them.
- The URL/link redirects will occur when you run the browser.
- Unknown add-ons/toolbars are added to the browsers without consent.
- Unused shortcuts are found on desktop without obtaining your consent firstly.
The redirect virus often spreads via attachments in the strange emails and enters computers when users open the attachments. Be cautious when you download and install third party software from the Internet. Don’t click on every link you see on a page strange to you. If it intrudes into system, it will instantly modify system settings without users’ permission. The links and pops- up ads it displays on the tool are what aim to redirect you to specific websites. Once you haven’t paid any attention to the malware, you may experience a list of annoying system problems. Even worse, this malicious redirect virus will damage the detection and deletion function of installed antivirus applications. Looking for an efficient and complete removal to get the control of your browsers back?
Your computer might infect this virus via unsafe freeware, shareware or advertising-supported programs such as various browser add-ons or toolbars. If you are not good at computer, use the malware removal tool to fix the browser issue easily.
Step-by-Step Manual Removal Guide
- Stop the running unwanted processes via Windows Task Manager
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
2) In the default Processes tab, search for the related processes of Fanli90.cn then select them, click on the End Process button to disable them all.
- Remove the related programs of Fanli90.cn from the computer
1) Click on the Start icon to open the menu then click on Control Panel.
2) Find out the Programs headline in the pop-up window, then click on the Uninstall a Program link under it.
3) In the Programs and Features, search for the related programs of Fanli90.cn from the list, select them then click on the Uninstall on the top column to remove them one by one.
4) Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard to complete the removal.
- Reset the browser and restore the browser
1) Start the browser.
2) Reset the browser settings to clean the traces left by Fanli90.cn.
Click on Tools-> click on Internet Options-> click on Advanced tab-> click on Reset button.
Click on Firefox button-> locate Help-> click on Troubleshooting Information-> click on the Reset Firefox button.
Click on wrench icon-> click on Settings-> click on Show Advanced Settings link-> click on Reset Browser Settings button.
3) Reset the browser homepage manually.
Click on General tab in the Internet Options dialog-> type a new address in the homepage box-> save the changes.
Click on Options from the Firefox menu-> click on General tab-> input a correct URL in the homepage section-> save the modification.
Find out the Advance section in the Settings-> select the Show Home Button-> click on the displayed Change link-> set a new address as the homepage then save the reset.
4) Reboot the browser once finished.
Similar to other common seen browser redirect virus, Fanli90.cn redirect is also capable of collecting important information and data from infected computer systems. If users don’t back up the crucial files for preparation, once the files are stolen or purposely deleted, they will be gone forever. This threat blocks you from browsing the web pages while you are trying to surf on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. This threat also stops you from browsing the web pages. It can hijack all browsers and it can run in most versions of Windows operating system machines. For example, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 are all the main targets of it. Therefore, eliminating it as soon as possible and create a tough environment for it to live should be your first priority if your computer has been infected.
Note: Have difficulty in fixing the problem? Take it easy. Please use antivirus to completely delete Fanli90.cn and repair your web browser.