“Better-Search.net virus is taking over my Firefox, please help me to remove it!! What is the virus used for? Does it result in dangerous system security problems? If yes, how can I get rid of it? It seems that its components split over the system. How can I protect my PC from it? How can I get rid of it completely? And can I remove it without causing any system damage or file loss? I am looking for a way to fix this problem.”
What is Better-Search.net?
As a computer user, you may encounter various viruses, which come from some malicious websites like phishing websites or porn websites, in your daily life. Here we will illustrate more detail about Better-Search.net virus, which is a browser hijacker that is released recently. This hijacker is a devious browser hijacker which is created by cyber criminals and then is implanted into malicious website waiting for victims to download it. This is a common way used by domain owners to attract more visitors. It helps hackers to attract users’ attention so as to increase domain traffic and make the hacked website more popular. However, this browser hijacker is not only responsible for hijacking browsers. You should know that browser hijackers can make some changes to your system after it gets installed on your computer. Users will be potentially tracked by cyber hackers no matter what they are doing.
Many people are confused of how Better-Search.net virus gets inside system as the computer is equipped with several antivirus programs for protecting PC from virus. They don’t know how this virus can escape from detection by their antivirus programs, to say nothing of removing it from the computers on their own. Now we are going to tell you how it invades your computer. Like the way an adware used to attack a computer, this virus makes use of BHO technique which enables it to bypass your firewall and antivirus program and finally penetrate into your computer furtively. This technique allows it to break into your computer and evade detection by your antivirus program. Even though you have tried several ways to secure your computer at a high level to protect it from malicious attacks, it may still have the possibility of getting infected because the virus always can find its way to your computer. To protect your PC, software is not enough. You need to apply a reputable and rewarding remover to help get rid of Better-Search.net virus as soon as possible.
In the following are the steps to manually remove the virus. If you are not experienced in computer, then automatic removal of the virus is recommended.
Problems Triggered by Better-Search.net
- Your computer performance becomes slower and slower.
- It takes a long long time to open a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
- It blocks accesses to certain webpage and redirects you to dangerous commercial websites.
- The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
- Many needless ads pop up on the browsers while you are surfing the net.
- Some unknown toolbars and plug-ins are added to the browsers.
Instructions to Remove Better-Search.net Manually:
Better-Search.net is a high-risk browser hijacker which will change the homepage and browser settings, and redirect your web search results to random sites containing lots of illegal advertisements, even Trojan, rootkit or other malware virus. Not every antivirus program can detect and remove a computer threat easily. Before making the changes, please back up the important materials in case they get lost. You can follow the guide below to manually remove the virus if you have acquired sufficient computer skills.
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Better-Search.net in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Better-Search.net and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Better-Search.net in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
- Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Better-Search.net in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
In terms of the nature of it, Better-Search.net virus is not a backdoor virus like scaring Trojan horse which mainly use to remote control infected PC for benefits. However, it can record and collect users’ personal data on the infected machine. Browser hijacker belongs to the member of phishing domain family. So it is also regarded as a type of cyber hackers. For example, when downloading a suspicious program, you should run a scan for the program to check if it’s infected or it’s a threat itself. By showing a large number of features such as interfering with the seamless user experience on your favorite browsers, they hook computer users into the operating system. Once your computer is infected, you will be disturbed by lots of pop-ups when browsing websites and your private information may be stolen. They might be corrupt or missing and sent to unknown hijackers. Since you now well know of its danger, you can take quick action to remove it before things turn too late.
Note: If you have no idea of how to get rid of Better-Search.net virus, please download a trusty redirect virus remover to perform a complete removal.