LuckyStarting.com virus infection is now infecting my PC. I found the startup page was changed to the strange URL when I opened my web browser this morning. I will be redirected to other malicious sites randomly while online. I don’t know how to handle this problem but it has disrupted my computer and the antivirus programs on my computer cannot fix it. How can I get rid of this annoying browser hijacker?” If you don’t know how to deal with the browser hijacker, follow the removal guide in this post.
What is LuckyStarting.com Redirect Virus?
LuckyStarting.com is a hazardous browser hijacker which is promoted by cyber hackers with the purpose of posing threat to user’s private information exposed to the cyber world through browser. The browser hijacker contains an interface which seems to be user- friendly but actually is used to help it masquerade as a reliable tool. Besides, it pretends to provide you with news, images, maps and videos browsing functions as many licensed search tools do. However, after using this fake search engine, you will find it hard to visit the websites you want; instead, you are frequently redirected to the site: http://LuckyStarting.com or some other unknown websites. Besides, you will be showed a lot of pop-up ads on the web pages you are viewing, and you are always prompted to download some useless products. The modifications of browser settings by the browser hijacker will cause a lot of troubles. In this situation, you need to delete the pesky computer threat from your PC without hesitation.
Invasive as this browser redirect is, it does not only corrupt your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but also affect your system and normal programs. In details, the hijacker infection degrades your system speed and may modify your system files and registry entries to make your system vulnerable for additional computer threats. In fact, unfriendly plug-in, ads-on, malware, adware and spyware will be added to the contaminated system with the help of this risky browser hijacker. More seriously, the hijacker is able to trigger freezes, system crash and corrupted files errors. Then any unexpected freezes or system startup failure will occur. In addition, the redirect disables security application and makes it impossible to make it unable to protect your computer. Thus, please have it deleted as quickly as you can.
This tricky LuckyStarting.com redirect helps cyber hackers to access the infected system remotely to collect your financial information, privacy and other sensitive information for illegal activities. After being infected, your browsers will behave weirdly that you may not be able to log in your Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts. Don’t trust or take this browser hijacker as your default search engine and homepage, as it endangers your computer environment greatly. Prompt removal of this hijacker infection is needed, so that you can enjoy a clean computer soon.
To protect your computer and your privacy, remove LuckyStarting.com redirect promptly. If you are not computer savvy and have no idea on how to remove this hijacker, you can follow the removal guide below.
Troubles that May be Caused by the Browser Hijacker
1. LuckyStarting.com redirect gets on browsers without permissions and reset default structures of affected browsers, making you unable to change them back;
2. It delivers constant pop-up ads or sponsored links to your infected computer;
3. Those pop-ups and sponsored links may redirect you to insecure websites which contain malware;
4. This browser hijacker drastically slows down your computer speed by consuming lots of system resources.
5. This browser hijacker may try to collect your personal information such as banking account usernames and passwords and send to the hackers via a remote service.
Browser Hijacker Manual Removal Instructions
This redirect virus is an infamous browser hijacker that can secretly move into your system and do malicious thing to computer. Note that manual removal is recommended for advanced users only because it is a complicated and difficult process requires enough computer skills. If you are confident that you can handle it, follow the step-by-step guide below to get rid of LuckyStarting.com: (Be careful when deleting the files and registry entries in different systems).
Step 1: Remove the LuckyStarting.com redirect virus related programs.
1. Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category.
3. In the programs list find out any suspicious programs, and then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 2: Remove all unwanted extensions from the browsers.
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools, and select Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Click on Toolbars and Extensions, find out and disable the add-ons related to LuckyStarting.com redirect virus.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools and choose Add-ons.
2. Click on Extensions, then select the unwanted add-ons in the list and click on Remove\Disable button.
3. Click Plugins, and remove\disable any unknown add-ons.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu icon.
2. Click the Tools in the list then select Extensions.
3. Click on Extensions, then find out the LuckyStarting.com redirect virus related add-ons and delete them.
Step 3: Remove all malicious files and registry entries.
1. In the local disk C, local the following folders:
%Document and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
2. In the above folders, find out and remove any malicious files.
3. Open the registry editor by following the steps: click Start menu, type “regedit” into the search box, and click “regedit.exe” from the results list.
4. In the registry editor, find out and delete any malicious registry entries from your PC.
LuckyStarting.com browser hijacker is really pesky and harmful for PC users, so it needs to be deleted from the infected computer quickly before it brings much damage to the system. One of its symptoms is unexpected system performance reduction and failure to load programs. When you click on any web link, you will be redirected to other malicious web pages instead of the website you want. Many ads will pop up on your screen, cheating you into downloading freeware and even buying some unsafe products. Even though the interface of the browser hijacker seems legitimate, it is actually a computer virus instead of a licensed search engine which provides you with trusted content. You ought to pay close attention to online activities, and you need to get rid of the harmful hijacker infection immediately once your computer is targeted. The manual removal guide provided above will assist you to completely get rid of it from your infected computer system.