Waycnews.com is categoried as a browser hijacker for it attracts traffic through striving to get hold of the legit browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Generally, this redirect virus will hijack users’ browsers when they are surfing on the Internet. It alters DNS configuration and then replaces the default browser homepage or start-up page with its own site forcibly. At the same time, it will replace your default search engine. The threat is able to fill the computer screen with excessive number of ads pops- up which may help it recover development cost. Even though users have tried hard to reset the browser settings, they may still find it fail.
More information about Waycnews.com
Waycnews.com can spread in a variety of deceptive ways. Unreliable shareware or freeware is the most common carrier of the redirect virus. Once PC users download and install software containing its malicious codes, this redirect virus can be executed and run in the computer without users¡¯ knowledge and consent. Beyond that, users may download this redirect virus while they are browsing malicious websites or any legitimate sites hacked by hackers. This cunning redirect virus will also hide itself into an email attachment, pretending to be a legitimate file. Once users click on the links or open attachment files, the threat can be dropped on the computer secretly. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful when clicks links or you may get unexpected infection.
If one¡¯s computer infected with Waycnews.com, he should find out an effective way to get rid of the threat immediately. The virus may add its additional browser extensions or add-ons to web browser to track user¡¯s browsing histories and collect confidential information if it cannot be deleted in time. Under the circumstances, users¡¯ important data may be sent to third parties for evil purposes. Apart from stealing your private information, the virus makes your computer more vulnerable to computer threats such as Trojans, worms, keyloggers as well as other potential threats. For these reasons, it is critical to remove the redirect virus completely from computer.
Unique Featues About Waycnews.com
1. It changes users¡¯ browser settings, which leads to the changes of default homage as well as search engine.
2. It shows thousands of pop-up advertisements, some of which are false information, when you use computer. And it also redirects you to wrong websites or unexpected web pages without your approval.
3.With its add-ons, plug-ins, extensions installed on your computer, it may block your access to your favorite sites and collect personal user information including usernames, accounts and codes.
4. It intentionally messes up system authentication guard to allow remote cyber hackers to get into the deep of the system whose main aim is to spy upon the system functions. It will also corrupt your registry keys, making your system unstable.
5. It has a bad impact on the performance of your computer. Computer running speed downgrades seriously and CPU usage status seems to be weird.
Why Antivirus Programs Can’t Remove the Redirect Virus?
Generally, PC users incline to use the antivirus program installed on their computers to get rid of Waycnews.com redirect virus. However, this redirect virus is designed with rootkit technique which enables it to deeply hide itself inside the computer system and evade detection and removal by antivirus program. You may find your browser behaving strangely, but when you run a system scan, your antivirus software cannot detect the virus. Since antivirus programs cannot be updated timely, so none of them can completely delete this browser hijacker so far. It seems that the creators of such cyber threats know well how to escape the scan and removal from security tools so that the infections can hide deeply on the PC. In this case, users can consider manually removing the redirect virus by following the manual removal guide.
Note: Manually removing the redirect virus is not an easy job, since it involves several complicated steps, and this method should only be attempted by experienced PC users. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the threat, then just download and use a latest and powerful removal tool. That would make a hit.
Manually Remove Waycnews.com (Virus Removal)
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Waycnews.com in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Waycnews.com and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Waycnews.com in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
1. Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Waycnews.com in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
Note: Waycnews.com redirect virus is a harmful redirect virus that is capable of messing up your browsers. Even if you have advanced antivirus software installed on the PC, you may still fail to completely get rid of the browser hijacker with the help of security tools. In this situation, you can consider using the manual removal method to eliminate it. However, you may also consider the manual removal as a daunting task since it contains several complicated steps. In addition, any wrong operation or even any deviation from the instructions can lead to irreparable system damage, so it is necessary to remove it. Have trouble deleting Waycnews.com? Please download and install a professional removal tool on your PC and delete the malware with it.