“Sonic-search.com takes control of my IE now and I can’t use it smoothly, please help!! Does anyone know something about this site? Is it a browser hijacker? If yes, what can I do to remove it? I have tried several different antivirus programs but none of them is working. How can I protect my computer and the files from being destroyed by the virus? Is there efficient and easy way to get rid of it? How to remove it without crucial system file corruption? I am looking for a way to fix this problem.
How to Remove Sonic-search.com Virus Completely?
When we refer to computer virus, the first impression that springs to mind may be the phishing websites which disguise as legit sites and then try to trick people into giving secret financial information by sending e-mails that look as if they come from a bank, credit-card account, etc. In this post we are going to talk about Sonic-search.com virus which is deemed as a plague on the internet. It is a categorized as a browser hijacker which is designed by some hackers to hijack users’ browsers to certain websites. This kind of virus is usually used by hackers to help increase traffic of their own websites. It is especially designed to increase website traffic with scare and malignant techniques. However, not every redirect virus is limited to the boost of web traffic. It infects browsers through DLL plug-in, BHO, Winsock LSP and other forms. Some strange problems occur when it controls your browsers, for instances, default homepage and search engine are modified to other ones and there are a lot of ads popping up on the web pages you are viewing.
People are confused of how Sonic-search.com virus gets in when they have installed antivirus software on their computer. So it’s wired that this potential threat escapes from detection and install automatically without users’ permission. Now we are going to tell you how it invades your computer. It utilizes the BHO techniques to intrude on the browser in an legal way which can help effectively avoid scanner of the celebrated security protection tool. This technique allows it to break into your computer and evade detection by your antivirus program. Even though you have tried several ways to secure your computer at a high level to protect it from malicious attacks, it may still have the possibility of getting infected because the virus always can find its way to your computer. However, not every antivirus program fixes every virus. To remove Sonic-search.com virus, you may need to learn how to manually get rid of it from your computer.
In the following are the steps to manually remove the virus. If you are not clever at computer, then automatic removal of the virus is strongly recommended.
Symptoms of Infection:
- It will not allow users to end process and run programs with success.
- It takes much time to open a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
- Your searches are redirected to the pre- determined results.
- The Internet connection is affected and the system often crashes.
- You may experience ads bombard on the PC screen. 6. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
Manual Removal Guides:
Manually delete Sonic-search.com virus is accessible. Sometimes, your antivirus software cannot detect this threat nor delete it timely. Before making the changes, please back up the important materials in case they get lost. Follow the steps below and you can get rid of the redirect virus by yourself.
- Disable running processes on Windows Task Manager.
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to activate Windows Task Manager.
2) From Processes tab, find out the associated processes of Sonic-search.com and then right click on the End Process button to totally terminate them.
- Uninstall associated programs of Sonic-search.com from the computer.
1) Click on Start button, click Control Panel.
2) Click Program, click on Uninstall a Program.
3) From Programs and Features, locate the associated programs of Sonic-search.com from the applications list, locate the associated programs and then click Uninstall button to remove them.
4) Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard to complete the removal.
- Modify browser settings to stay away from the cyber attacks triggered by Sonic-search.com.
1) Enable the browser.
2) Revert browser settings and fully remove the associated Internet temp files.
For Internet Explorer
Click Tools-> Go to Internet Options-> Click Advanced tab-> Click on Reset button
For Mozilla Firefox
Click Firefox-> locate Help option-> Go to Troubleshooting Information-> Click Reset Firefox button
For Google Chrome
Click the wrench icon-> Click Settings-> Click Show Advanced Settings link-> Click Reset Browser Settings
3) Reset the browser homepage manually.
For Internet Explorer
Click General from the Internet Options -> type a secure and new web address -> confirm the modification
For Mozilla Firefox
Click Options from the Firefox menu-> Click General tab-> type a secure and new web address -> confirm the changes.
For Google Chrome
Go to Advance section in the Settings-> Click Show Home Button-> Click the displayed Change link-> type a secure and new web address
4) Restart the browser to confirm the modification.
Sonic-search.com virus is not as malicious as a Trojan that can create a backdoor and allow the remote hackers to control your whole computer system. It does not mean that the malware won’t pose threat on user’s privacy related information. A browser hijacker may be the most common phishing website. So users should run antivirus to check if the situation is safe. The creators of Sonic-search.com have the ability to make undesirable changes on the browser settings and bombard the user with contents that are copied from other site owners. It lists loads of malignant features on the screen with commercial purposes. Once infected, you can’t take control of your web browser any more. There is no doubt that it is a terrible threat. So be careful when you surf online, because Internet environment is full of adware trap.
Note: If you are afraid of making any mistakes during the manual removal steps, you can download and install a professional malware removal tool to remove it automatically and safely.